The Salthouse: Sustainable luxury
The Salthouse is testament to the fact that luxury can also be sustainable. One of the few of its kind in Ireland, we are very proud of the efforts taken to ensure the hotel does everything it can to minimise its impact on the environment through the following ECO features:
- Onsite we have a 225kw wind turbine and 150kw solar PV panels – this combined wind and solar energy could power 150 households for a year!
- The hotel heating and hot water is primarily provided by air source heat pumps and the electricity is provided by onsite wind and solar generation
- In addition to the carbon savings from the heat pumps, the bedroom radiators are individually controlled, reducing waste of heat and increasing the overall efficiency of the hotel
- Outside temperature sensors enables the building to adapt to its environmental conditions and heating in public areas comes on or turns off despite time schedules being set
- Guests can avail of Zappi electric car chargers - these smart EV chargers can be connected to the renewable generation to charge the cars so electric cars can truly be emissions free
- The hotel has LED lighting throughout the building with motion sensors and controls for the staff adding to the overall energy efficiency
- Hotel staff monitor and control the energy efficiency of the building through a centralized dashboard available on hotel tablets, phones and desktop computers which provides energy reporting and evaluation from the automated intelligent building management system
- CO2 sensors are fitted throughout the hotel to monitor the air quality
- No single use plastics
Enjoy at relaxing coastal break at The Salthouse and rest assured that luxury can go hand in hand with sustainability in this carbon neutral hotel.